Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition 2016 : A global programme to empower young entrepreneurs to create a sustainable world.
17 Sustainable Development Goals To Make Our World A Better Place For All!
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governance challenges of our time.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is a global programme and an online platform, which supports the implementation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Young people from around the world are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
You are eligible to enter, if:
1. You are between the ages of 15 and 35
2. You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community.
OR, You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program
3. You are able to submit your entry in English.
First step:Register online and create your account! We will send you an email confirmation. Please check your spam folder. You must confirm in order to activate your account.
Second step:If you want to submit an idea, go to Submit an idea!
If you want to submit a project, go to Submit a project!
Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form.
Third step:If your idea/project has passed the preliminary screening, you will be requested to fill out and submit the second entry form.
You may refine your entry up until the entry deadline to reflect on the comments and recommendations received. You may also support your entry by submitting a video presentation of your idea or project (up to 3 minutes).
Prizes and recognition
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Ideas Category
Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
Best Projects Category
- Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a Gold Medal and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a Silver Medal and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a Bronze Medal and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive Honorable Mention.
- Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate.
- Grand Prize and People’s Choice winners, Second Prize and Third Prize winners, and the Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will be announced at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin on 9 October 2016.
Selection of the winnersEntries will be posted on the competition website and are subject to online public voting from 1 June 2016 – 31 August 2016.
The 10 entries receiving the most votes in each of the two categories will be considered as finalists.
Finalists are requested to submit a video (max 3 minutes) of their idea/project. The videos will be submitted to the Judges.
From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize) in each category.
Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
In addition, the People’s Choice Prize will be given to the entry with the largest number of votes in each of the two categories.
An Entrepreneurship Campus Prize will be given to three entrants who have demonstrated some outstanding ‘entrepreneurship spirit’ in the Entrepreneurship Campus.
Application Deadline: June 30th 2016