WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head-Drilling
Job number: WTSHO10740
Type of Employment: Permanent
- Delivery of all Nigeria well drilling, completion, workover and testing activities, inclusive of; Management of Well Engineering Team Supervision and lead to Drilling Operations and Drilling Services Teams.
- Departmental focal point for Company management, JV partners, local authorities and service companies.
- Technical work programme delivery according to schedule and budget. Maintaining standards and developing/monitoring performance targets.
- Contribute to the development of the Corporate Drilling Department through the contribution to, development and implementation of global system, procedures and initiatives.
- Departmental improvement and the maintenance of a world class drilling team
- Provide technical specifications for various services to be used in drilling projects
- Recommend utilisation of new technology as appropriate to enhance the drilling process
- Direct the use of engineering/reporting software in planning wells to be drilled and completed
- Review all well plans and ensure compliance with the Well Delivery Processes
- Participate in the technical evaluations
- Responsible for the personnel management of the drilling team to ensure maximum competence levels are achieved.
- Provide operational and technical leadership to all operational plans
- Ensure KPI’s are agreed and understood prior to each well and performance is monitored and reported against
- Supervision of well planning and engineering processes, providing guidance and direction on all aspects of drilling engineering
- Review well engineering plans and work programs, including drilling, completion and workover programs to ensure compliance with regulations, company policies and procedures and relevant technical safety standards
- Ensures that all well engineering activities comply with Company standards and governmental regulations and are performed and recorded using a well engineering delivery system
- Responsible for development of a performance improvement culture within the team and delivering proven performance improvement
- Responsible for personnel development for in-country personnel
- Responsible for ensuring that well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements
- Ensure resources are maintained to provide the ability to operate drilling units as required to deliver operational efficiency
- Ensure well-objectives are understood by all departmental personnel, and are delivered
- Provide technical and operational leaders in drilling and completion operations including the design, execution, and post job analysis as needed
- Prioritise, negotiate and schedule jobs to ensure deadlines and milestones are achieved
- Ownership of the country drilling budget and monitor expenses throughout the year
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering field or accepted technical background and experience by the company.
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and Environment.
- Proven knowledge, experience and responsibility of vertical, deviated, horizontal wells, well control, drilling project and quality control management.
- Good knowledge of computer operation and relevant software.
- Not less than 50, Western Expat preferably.
- Minimum of 20 years of diversified petroleum industry experience in drilling engineering activities in fields onshore and offshore.
- Current International Well Control Forum (IWCF) certification prior to start of job position.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Technical capability and industrial training certificates. Valid H2S certificate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply