WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: OLT Electrical & Instrumentation Procurement Specialist
- Follow up and supervise the electrical and instrumentation discipline studies for the OLT Buoy to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, specifications and contract requirements,
- Monitor electrical and instrumentation discipline studies at detailed engineering in terms of technical, planning, interfaces and reporting aspects,
- Participate actively in the definition and design of the ICSS system as related to OLT Buoy,
- Participate as required at inspection and factory acceptance tests (FATs) on behalf of Company at the vendors’ premises,
- Supervise and promote cost-saving solutions in the design of the OLT Buoy facilities, including promotion of alternatives for electrical and instrumentation design to optimise the works,
- Prepare such plans and schedules as are required to support the construction activities,
- Ensure consistency and continuity in the engineering interfaces with other interfacing packages where applicable (UFR, FPSO, ICSS, SPS),
- Ensure that clarifications, derogations / exemptions and technical queries regarding electrical and instrumentation design of the buoy are properly treated in line with Company specifications and procedure, providing timely responses to the contractor/subcontractor and vendors
- To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies for the OLT Buoy will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy,
- To ensure that the OLT Buoy design will comply with all HSE requirements,
- To attend safety inductions as required and adapt behaviour to fully comply with office security, health and safety instruction,
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazard and surroundings,
- To participate to local programmes or initiative to improve HSSE performance,
- To report to Management on any issue or observation and propose way of improvement.
- Identify clearly any deviations from the Company General Specification and report accordingly for final decision on ther or not to implement,
- Be proactive and reporting and highlighting areas of concern and making recommendations on corrective actions,
- Coordinate works with the Contractor and subcontractors, with classification / certification entities to define and implement all the requirements in the electrical and instrumentation systems,
- Contribute to evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review of Contractor and Subcontract’s engineering and Vendor as related to electrical and instrumentation systems,
- Liaise with Company Specialists and inspection personnel on all quality control related matters as regards electrical and instrumentation scope,
- Participate and in project review (HAZOP, PTR, etc),
- Participate in project meetings as required (engineering, weekly, etc),
- Follow up field engineering and ensure as-built dossiers realisation according,
- Ensure detailed progress reporting to project management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graduate Bachelor’s Degree holder (B.Sc or BEng), or equivalent, in Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
- Geographical mobility is required.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with responsibilities for engineering designs and construction follow up activities.
- Good knowledge of applicable design software, applicable codes, standards and regulations for electrical and instrumentation engineering and construction.
- Good knowledge and previous experience of Client’s General Specifications will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online