WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head – Exploration
Job number: WTSHO10474
Type of Employment: Contract
About the Job
- Oversees all geosciences activities related to exploration and prospect generation.
- Guides field development studies, reservoir management strategies and optimization of surface and subsurface operations.
- Coordinates interaction between exploration teams and field development teams.
- Directs the preparation of long-term development plans for company reservoirs through full field development studies, which include estimating oil and gas reserves and predicting reservoir behaviour, in order to recommend economically viable alternatives for production or injection well locations as part of an optimized development scheme.
- Actively seeks improved geoscience and reservoir engineering technologies.
- Directs and participates in the preparing of a variety of periodic reports such as field status reports, production and allocation reports, tests reports, well reports, etc.
- Manages and Plans for geological and geophysical analysis for support of the exploration in the granted concession areas to probe the availability of oil Manages and ensures the availability of technology, resources and specialized applications required for various technical studies and scientific analysis.
- Manages the data analysis, collation and storage of physical field samples that pertain to the scientific evaluation of the exploration areas.
- Ensures the availability of conceptual designing and geodetic support.
- Promotes, suggests and follows leading technology to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Monitoring and follow up of Exploration and appraisal wells to ensure that all identified objectives are met in a safe manner.
- Seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Manages activities by setting and controlling specialized professional standards.
- Sets up exploration (both conventional and unconventional) activities. Coordinates data gathering program and establishes databank.
- Evaluates engineering technology used in reservoir engineering activities and geological studies, and manages related contracts.
- Revaluates cost parameters for services, equipment, material and intellectual property acquired.
- Drive data acquisition programs, provide quality control on acquired data and their interpretation, and incorporate assessment into appraisal campaigns.
- Manages and directs the activities of assigned personnel in the Exploration Department.
- Performs supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
- Manages integrated data interpretation and evaluation to generate prospects and leads and keeps an updated risked and ranked prospects portfolio.
- Manages and supervises exploration activities in company operated and non-operated areas in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Seasoned geologist and team leader with at least 20 years of experience.
- Able to manage subsurface uncertainties, work in an integrated and dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
- Working knowledge of static reservoir modeling. This encompasses both structural and stratigraphic modeling, and working with other disciplines to calibrate and update static-dynamic representations.
- In depth development experience is desirable involving full range of activities from exploration to field development planning with majority of this experience obtained from development teams.
- Strong geological skills proven in various stratigraphic and depositional settings.
- Sound understanding of Petroleum Engineering disciplines (i.e. Petrophysics, Reservoir Engineering and Production Technology).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply