Nigeria Education Crisis Response is a USAID-funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe, and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced persons (IDP) children, as well as out-of- school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations.
We seek applications from qualified Nigerian Nationals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Wrap Around Services Specialist
Location: Yobe (Office located in Gombe).
Project Duration: 19 Months
Position Start date: immediately
Reporting to: Non-Formal Education Advisor.
- The Wrap Around Services Specialist supports the development and implementation of training and materials on the full range of interventions that address barriers to access including community-led solutions, alternative/accelerated education, safety, and psycho-social approaches.
- S/he works closely with the senior technical team to ensure alignment of materials and training.
- Works closely with Teacher Education specialist to provide teachers with professional development opportunities that help them understand and use skills to promote students’ SEL and wellbeing and to create a safe learning environment
- Trains staff to support and monitor SEL and safe learning environment activities in the targeted communities and schools.
- Works closely with Materials Development specialist to provide teachers with instructional materials that promote psycho-social support for students.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma required, BA/BS degree highly desired
- Medium level knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Cognate experience in guidance and counselling/trauma treatment skills.
- Must have 4+ years general work experience and 2+ years of experience in addressing education access issues
- May supervise a medium size team and have 2+ years of supervisory experience in a related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in a current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities and a Cover letter to the “Human Resources Manager” through the email: [email protected]
Note: Applicants should indicate the Job Position as the subject of their applications and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Applications Deadline 26th April, 2016.