World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
World Health Organization is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant (Imprest)
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/FT105
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Objective of the Programme
- The Budget and Finance Unit provides budget and finance management services to WHO Nigeria programmes and administration, as well as support the management of financial assets of the organisation in the WCO.
- The work in scope include awards management, imprest and other accounts management, treasury, expenditure management, and quality assurance activities.
Description of Duties
- Under the general supervision of the Budget and Finance Officer and direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent performs a variety of specialized tasks in e-Imprest, finance and accounting functions:-
- Administer the e-Imprest system (2 WCO Main Accounts in Eimprest), scrutinize and select data from a variety of sources, ensure accuracy in calculations and attachment of necessary supporting receipts of payments and authorizations
- Initiate mid and month-end reconciliation of Imprest and General Ledger (GL) accounts and follow up to clear pending items.
- Initiate monthly Imprest closure, follow up on signing and submission of the closure reports as at when due
- Ensure completeness of payment vouchers, signing and proper filing of monthly Imprest returns
- Monitor e-Imprest general ledger (GL) and all e-Imprest transactions including review of services purchase orders, imprest, and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data
- Performs other duties as required
- Completion of secondary education or supplemented by technical training or university courses in administration and/finance.
- Good knowledge of computerized accounting systems and budgets or ERPs
- Good understanding of the purpose and functions of the Eimprest and other offices/sectors with which the unit interacts;
- Knowledge of technical data and good administrative and financial skills to manage projects; ability to use word processing and spreadsheet packages, excel, Oracle, etc
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year was closely related to support finance activities.
- Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the other UN languages
WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd March, 2016