Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Women for Women International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Men’s Engagement Coordinator
Duration: 2017 – 2020
- The Men’s Engagement Coordinator (MEC) is responsible for developing, review, delivery and evaluation of an integrated training program targeting multi-level men stakeholders in Plateau State.
- This position reports to the Deputy Country Director and the position will be located in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria.
- Oversee training and educating community, religious and traditional leaders and their stakeholders on violence against women and its impact on the community
- Enhance the capacity of the community and other male stakeholders to develop strategies to address the varied impact of violence against women on the community;
- Ensure lessons are delivered from the WfWI Men’s Leadership curriculum according to an established schedule.
- Provide information to participants about other services provided by the organization such as vocational training, business skills training or numeracy training.
- Provide information to participants about services of partner organizations or other community services such as microcredit, legal aid, health care, counseling, etc.
- Support curriculum development for men’s leadership training
- Responsible for mobilization, enrolment and coordination of trainings for traditional leaders and men’s groups
- Working with community leaders and local partners, recommend initiatives aimed at strengthening community structures to better respond to violence against women through changed attitudes and perceptions on sexual violence and women’s rights.
- Responsible for coordinating advocacy campaigns to sensitize men on gender violence
- Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc.
- Coordinate weekly, monthly and annual training schedules in collaboration with other staff and trainers from other departments, as appropriate.
- Orient new participants about program rules and goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in the Social Sciences plus minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience managing projects in one or more of the following sectors: social services, education (preferably with adults), psychology, community development, and/or women’s issues.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in organizing training with and for authorities, community and traditional leaders.
- Strong computer skills (especially Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Excellent report writing skills, Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience project development, budgeting and financial management.
- Experience conducting research survey and evaluation.
- Required oral and written communication skills in English as well as oral fluency in hausa language.
- Ability to collect and analyze information and write proper reports.
- Demonstrated commitment to ending violence against women.
- Understanding the role of men in ending violence against women.
- Demonstrated experience working on community development issues.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with NGOs, particularly international NGOS, is highly desired.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and cover letter and 3 professional references to:[email protected] . Please specify “Men’s Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please
Application Deadline 10th February, 2017.