Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more.
Diageo trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 25,000 talented people around the world. With offices in 80 countries, we also have manufacturing facilities across the globe including Great Britain, Ireland, United States, Canada, Spain, Italy, Africa, Latin America, Australia, India and the Caribbean.
Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why ‘celebrating life every day, everywhere’ is at the core of what we do.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Wholesale Development Manager Vacancy at Diageo
Job Position: Wholesale Development Manager
Level: L6 (M3)
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity
This role is based in Northeast Nigeria.
Purpose of Role:
To support GNPLC’s business and commercial objectives through building amazing relationships and the effective management of Wholesalers by overseeing end to end all sales drivers activations, with a focus on growing wholesaler capability.
- Achieve profitable volume targets (shipment and depletion) for wholesaler(s) by driving sales to wholesalers and also ensuring sales out of the wholesalers.
- Provide adequate training for warehouse management and basic stock management principles – Achieve distribution targets and manage Recommended Price Compliance in wholesalers, Wholesale loyalty program outcomes fully delivered.
- Ensures regular monthly full business reviews with all wholesalers with an effective wholesaler business review -Sales performances, Competitive activity.
- Build profitable relationships with key wholesalers and ensuring they are strongly connected with Guinness Nigeria
- Brilliant execution of all the Sales drivers with all wholesalers
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate with minimum of 2 years commercial expertise gained across Sales, Consumer Marketing or Sales Management. Previous experience in a direct customer facing role is also valuable.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be healthy and physically fit.
- Must be an experienced driver with valid license
- Good commercial understanding- P&L literacy and strong numerical skills are required.
- Candidate must have good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office packages.
- Good communication skills –written and verbal. Suitable candidate must also be fluent in Hausa
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to spend essential time in the Field with customers and consumers and working in a highly competitive environment.
- Unwillingness to flex schedule to align with business hours of retailers and distributors.
- Limited knowledge of the Northeast region
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply