Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
Below are the details on the Web Developer Vacancy at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited.
Job Position: Web Developer
- We are looking for a talented Web Content Developer to join our Marketing & Multimedia team. As a member of Lantern Book’s Marketing & Multimedia team, you will be designing and developing a responsive and elegant web experience.
- You’ll be writing maintainable, scalable, cross-browser and cross platform (desktop, mobile and other devices) code that is seen by millions of users. You’ll be part of a team of marketers, product managers, and designers that collaborates on the conceptualization, design, and implementation of landing and content pages. We’re looking for someone who can communicate their thoughts clearly, both in meetings and in their code. And you’ll be an advocate for best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality.
- Maintain design, user experience and brand requirements throughout the development process
- Collaborate with marketing managers to conceptualize, design, and implement new pages
- Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
- Write maintainable, scalable and cross-browser code
- A curiosity and a passion for creating elegant end user experiences.
- Balance of ideation and delivery skills.
- Doesn’t take feedback personally.
- Creative flair.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to influence decision makers.
- Strong drive and determination to succeed.
- Willing to learn new techniques.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Multi-task and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Understanding of layout and typography.
- Well-grounded knowledge in building front end web experiences.
- Experience in Cross-Browser / Cross-Platform development
- Solid understanding of CSS3 and HTML5 along with upcoming standards
- Excellent communication and organization skills (we take this very seriously)
- Version Control (Git / GitHub / CVS / Subversion)
- Experience in Database management (MySQL specifically)
- SEO and Social Media Integration (very key to our marketing strategy – a must have)
- Proper code documentation
- Knowledge of data formats (particularly. JSON, XML)
- We are only considering applicants that fit the needed requirements above. We look forward to meeting you.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (would be an advantage even though we have inhouse graphic artist)
- Experience with server-side technologies (PHP is first on the list)
- Able to translate wireframes and mockups into code with a good grasp of document structure and semantics
- Good visual design sense and understanding of basic usability concepts
- Solid understanding of cross-browser best practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
29th of May, 2015.