Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) is a national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Abuja and involved in development activities cutting across several states in Nigeria.
WFI maintains a website and various social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube amongst others. These platforms serve as forum for raising awareness and visibility for the organization.
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Web Developer Consultancy Vacancy at Women Friendly Initiative (WFI)
Job Position: Consultant (Web Developer)
- The purpose of this consultancy is to redesign and upgrade the existing WFI website:www.womenfriendlyinitiative.org
Specifically, the aims of this consultancy will be to:
- Upgrade WFI website to accommodate Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Adolescent and Youth Friendly Information, career development and sexuality education.
- Develop interactive platform; real-time chat and blog
- Creation of viral videos for socIal media links to publicize the website and other projects as deemed necessary.
Task and Expected Results
- Site redesigned and re-structured
- Functionality improved on mobile devices
- Interactive features such as a blog, real-time chat developed and integrated into website
- Creation of “viral” videos for social media links
- Long-term web hosting options identified
- Security issues identified and addressed
Key Competences, Technical Background and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- At least three (3) year experience in both front-end and back-end web development with strong understanding of WordPress, Drupal, Joomla CMS, ReDot CMS and other web trends.
- Ability to provide site enhancements, debug and performance tune websites.
- Ability to edit images and respond to ad hoc web-design related tasks.
- Ability to work remotely and with minimum supervision.
- Experience with mobile-responsive and multilingual websites,
- Familiarity with SEO and site analytics.
- Ability to interpret and execute designs/wireframes Into modem, clean and user-friendly web pages using well-written mark-up languages.
- Experience with secure website hosting, troubleshoot and upgrade. Knowledgeable about accessibility and security compliance.
The consultancy is expected to take up to 3 months, to start on or around 1st August, 2015.
The consultant will work primarily off-site and will not have office space in WFI. However regular communication is mandatory which may take the form of face-to-face visits, email and/or telephone.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individual candidates and/or organizations are requested to send their submissions to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for Web Developer Consultancy”
Application must include:
- Cover letter stating why you are suitable for this assignment.
- Abudget quotation to undertake the assignment above, (in Naira)o. Application submitted without a budget will not be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Work portfolio of running websites previously designed (with links to any such, where applicable).
Note: File should not exceed MB limit attachments to single email
Application Closing Date
24 July, 2015