WaterAid Nigeria, an International non-governmental organization operating in Nigeria since 1995 to bring about needed improvements in safe drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene.
WaterAid is currently recruiting to fill the position in Nigeria below:
Job Title: Sanitation Marketing Consultant
Locations: Ekiti, Enugu
Schedule: Full-time position (6 months); renewable based upon availability of funding and performance
Reports to: Sanitation Marketing Manager
- The Consultants will support WaterAid’s SanMark effort as part of the Sustainable Total Sanitation (STS) project – which is aimed at building the supply of aspirational, affordable sanitation solutions for Nigerian households, as well as helping generate awareness of, and demand for, these products.
- The Consultants will lead, coach, and support WaterAid’s SanMark effort at the State level during this critical scale-up phase.
- The Consultants will assess and improve the business model and implement other needed actions in order to expand the market and increase sales.
- Support local SanMark entrepreneurs to effectively produce and market household sanitation solutions.
- Explore locally available financing options for sanitation businesses as well as consumers, promote awareness of these options, and help facilitate access to financing to the extent practicable.
- Support information sharing and collaboration with Local Government and project partners on relevant issues.
- Provide support to periodic project research efforts (carried out by WaterAid or partner organisations) in the target areas.
- Track and analyse sales patterns, pricing, sales commissions, credit options, incentive schemes, and other elements of the business model.
- Recommend and implement any needed changes or improvements to the business model.
- Work with WaterAid staff and local project partners to organise and conduct effective marketing and sales events.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
The successful candidate should have the following characteristics and/or experience:
- Educational requirements are flexible. Regardless of the candidate’s Degree(s) obtained, practical hands-on experience in running a business, conducting marketing and promotions, and analysing local markets in Nigeria are what is desired.
- A University Degree or Higher National Diploma in Marketing, Economics, Agricultural Extension, or Business Development would be strengths. However, as mentioned above, relevant and equivalent experience also will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a coordinator or supervisor in a private sector business, or with a non-profit organisation directly involved in private sector initiatives.
- An understanding of, or experience in the construction, sanitation, or civil works industries is an advantage.
- Good to excellent English language capabilities. Competency or fluency in one or more major local languages in Enugu and/or Ekiti states would be significant advantage.
- Working knowledge of computers and essential business software packages such as Word, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of communications platforms and social media, and their potential role in business development would be an advantage.
- Passionate about working in local communities and improving the livelihoods, health, and well-being of Nigerians.
- Experience living and working in small towns and rural areas, and a deep understanding of the drivers of poverty in these areas.
- Good skills in developing professional networks.
- Prior experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), agricultural extension, or other relevant endeavours are an advantage.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and cover letter indicating preferred working location(s) via email to “WaterAid Nigeria” at: [email protected]