The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers. The “Movement” is made up of the following components: the International Committee of the Red Cross, the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Job Industry: Engineering/Technical
Job Title: Wathab Engineer(Water and Habitation Engineer)
Job Location: Adamawa
- Assists the Wathab department in the identification, preparation, and implementation of water Sanitation and construction projects.
- Supervises and follows-up the implementation of projects in close contact with contractors.
- Establishes comprehensive technical data on WatHab projects.
- Trains and coaches technical staff.
- University degree (Civil Engineering or HND resource Engineer).
- Experience in hydrogeology is an asset.
- Fluent in written and spoken English Good command of Hausa language (Fulfulde will be an asset) Very good computer skills, Good expertise on AUTOCAD or similar software.
- Good knowledge of Adamawa State and its environs.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Team-work oriented with Sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organisational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedure
Application Closing Date:
19 May 2015
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
ICRC Yola Office,
No 5 Girei Street,
- Please clearly indicate “Wathab Engineer Yola” on the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted