The Warehouse/Assets Management Assistant is responsible for overseeing the mission warehouse stock management via SCI TIM software, updating the TIM software, support to the Field offices and ensuring that SCI warehouses and stocks are managed according to SCI regulations and standards, thus, ensuring efficient and effective service to various programmes and ultimately SCI beneficiaries in the area of operations. He or she will also ensure the tracking of Assets register for the Nigerian mission as per issuances during purchases (by use of GRNs), delivery to users, updating the grants allocations to the assets, ensuring each grant has an updated grants report list as per donor requirements and reporting monthly to the head of logistics and Abuja logistics coordinator all assets movements in the mission.
Warehouse/Asset Management Assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
· Ensure all SCI warehousing procedures and stock management procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure all systems and processes are in place.
· Ensure the overall security of all warehouse items (meaning all incoming and outgoing assets/items) and its fit for purpose.
· Ensure all necessary equipment to run the warehouse is supplied
· The only person allowed to receive/dispatch goods and in his/her absence, the Abuja Logistics coordinator after a clear formal handover.
2. RECIEPT OF GOODS/ASSETS
· Ensure that Goods are received (using Delivery notes or GRN) and documents are completed as per SCI regulations.
· Ensure goods are stored in the appropriate place
· Ensure assets are tracked and categorised as per donor grants, programs, users, locations, movements to repairs/warranties/donor/recovery/disposal and all equipment accompanied by their living ID cards and all related repair/maintenance forms.
· Ensure all new purchases he or she receives from Procurement department is accompanied by an official GRN generated from the TIM software of SCI.
· Ensure filing of all assets records and being accountable to safekeeping of the files and assets.
3. STOCK MANAGEMENT (GOOD AND ASSETS)
· Complete weekly stock reports/Assets Register report (share only the changes of the week with the Logistics Coordinator and the Head of Logistics)
· Ensure that SCI stock management procedures are followed (records, filling, identification, storage).
· Ensure that SCI physical stock management requirements are met (organisation, cleaning, ventilation, verifications, control of rodents, tidiness in the stores/warehouse, filing systems etc.)
· Respect specific donor requirements (e.g. DFID, Gates, ECHO, DRA/F, USAID, Unilever etc..)
· Ensure proper identification and counting of incoming and outgoing stock (quantity, quality and compliance with specifications before accepting to control the said stock).
· Ensure that expiry dates of perishable goods are monitored and reported appropriately
· Oversee commodity handling (safe loading, unloading and stacking).
· Ensure that damaged goods are segregated from good ones and report them to Logistics Coordinator and Head of Logistics in timely manner for further investigation
4. CARGO AND DISPATCH MANAGEMENT
· Ensure correct preparation of dispatch and the only one to sign all waybills or delivery notes destined to the field offices or to suppliers or to the IPU/HQs etc. in his/her absence, handover to the Logistics coordinator (Abuja)
5. MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
The Warehouse/Assets Assistant will assist with various duties including, but not limited to :
· Support the general logistics team
· Locate and hire daily workers if necessary
· Supervise the training of workers to ensure they are trained in proper warehouse practices and conform to SC commodity management policies and procedures.
· Organise roster and pay sheets. Weekly report of the distribution activities sent to the Logistics Coordinator & Head of Logistics, Field Manager and relevant programme staff.
- At least 2 years of experience in warehousing/Assets tracking activities;
- Previous experience with an International NGO
- Experience transport and/or distribution.
- Strong team leadership skills;
- Patience, thoroughness, rigour.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles.
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V and Cover Letter to:[email protected]on or beforeJune 26, 2015explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net