Randstad Construction Property Engineering – Our client, VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT/ICT Specialist (Education)
Reference number: JOB0078208
Job type: Voluntary services
- To play a key role in the supporting the implementation of VSO’s projects engaged in ICT/IT work.
- You’ll work with the implementing partner called PRISCCA (Prisons Care and Counseling Association) based in the capital city – Lusaka.
- The project is being implemented in the Eastern and Northern Provinces of Zambia.
- The position is expected to provide support to Education Projects and other VSO projects in Nigeria.
- This exciting position is to work in a Midwifery training school in Myanmar which will have had no external input for many years.
- The overall partner JHPIEGO is a part of John Hopkins University and they will have high level of technical knowledge and offer a thorough induction and briefing to ensure that volunteers know exactly what they are able to offer and what expectations are.
- The project on which you will be working is the first of it’s kind in many decades in Myanmar to improve the quality of the teaching and practice in health training institutions.
- Midwives in Myanmar are the lowest cadre of professional staff, often working alone in remote rural settings and acting as the first point of call for the community on a wide range of health issues, far beyond those associated with pregnancy and childbirth.
- Experience of training on IT/ICT in Education, especially to teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Degree level in IT related subject (however if extensive IT knowledge gained from work experience, BA or BSc in any subject can be acceptable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply