The Voqal Fellowship is a talent and technology accelerator for tomorrow’s social entrepreneurs. Voqal is searching for young entrepreneurs, change-makers and thought leaders who want to get off the treadmill and launch their next “big idea” that will transform progressive politics or remedy a social inequity.
The Voqal Fellowship is an investment in a new generation of social entrepreneurs. Fellows will receive financial resources and mentoring to help bring an early stage idea to life. The Voqal Fellowship is an opportunity for young innovators to test assumptions, research target audiences and build strong business plans.
The Voqal Fellowship is designed to further progressive, social justice-oriented causes. Ideal applicants will have a specific issue or challenge they are looking to address over the course of their fellowship. Projects can be broad in scope, or a simple tool that will help resolve a social inequity or lead to progressive social change.
- Nonprofit organizations and individuals around the world that use technology and media to build an educated, empowered and engaged public can apply.
- Ideal candidates for the fellowship are driven, tech-savvy social change agents who thrive under self-direction.
- Creative thinkers with a track record of advancing social change and/or using innovative solutions to help communities can apply.
Ideal candidates for the fellowship are driven, tech-savvy social change agents who thrive under self-direction. We are recruiting creative thinkers with a track record of advancing social change and/or using innovative solutions to help communities.
Eligible ProjectsIf you have a passion for social justice, progressive politics or transformative media and technology, this program is for you. Here are a few (but not all) types of projects fellows could pursue:
- Mobile Apps
- Software for Social Change Agents
- Media Products
- Information Access
- Tools for Wrangling Big Data
- Voqal Fellows will receive a $30,000 stipend and will be expected to complete a project in six months.
- Candidates must have three-to-five years of work experience and may not be currently enrolled in a graduate program.
- The fellowship is intended to provide an opportunity to build out an idea or concept that would not be possible to accomplish with a full-time job.
- Qualifying fellows may also be eligible to receive an additional stipend to help offset the cost of personal health insurance.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Know someone who would make a good Voqal Fellow? Nominate them now!
Application Deadline: 23rd October 2015