Palladium Group – Our client, Voices for Change (V4C) is a UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes.
Voices for Change (V4C) is recruiting to fill the position of below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- Are you creative? Do you have a passion to drive change in the status of young girls in Nigeria? Do you have what it takes to be part of an exciting and challenging social marketing campaign? If you do, then we have the right opportunity for you.
- We are recruiting for a Communications Officer who will be an integral member of our communications team.
- The role will play a key role in supporting our various media and communications interventions to deliver high quality products that relate to our target audiences.
- The Communications Officer will support the delivery and implementation of a highly innovative communication strategy that utilizes marketing communications to promote gender equality and women empowerment.
- The role will work closely with the communications lead and technical advisers to ensure strategies are effectively delivered based on trends and media habits of the core target audiences across Northern and Southern Nigeria.
Identify and advise on effective channels through which to promote key V4C Messages on GEWE, including:
- Building and sustaining close and innovative partnerships with key media organisations across participating states.
- Maintaining a comprehensive and up-to-date database of media allies.
- Supporting periodic trainings of journalist and media producers to develop their understanding of issues relating to GEWE and promote key V4C themes.
- Review periodic data from media research agencies and provide feedback to the V4C Communications Team on the reach and popularity of Media organisations to inform the selection of preferred media channels through which to air V4C content.
Plan and execute campaign events with V4C Campus and Community Brand Ambassadors (working closely with the Output 1 and 3 Technical Officers) This will include:
- Develop an integrated strategy for community level brand ambassadors
- Lead the identification and training of Brand ambassadors
- Develop and manage work plans for brand ambassadors
- Ensure brand ambassadors activities are in-line with relevant themes
Ensure consistent, high quality media outputs, including supporting the Communications Lead in:
- Meeting with communications partners to share strategies and plans.
- Support the technical advisers to ensure media outputs are creative, innovative and in line with best practice in media production by reviewing radio and TV scripts, concepts and creative briefs from the lens of the primary target audience to ensure relevance
- Ensuring V4C mass media outputs are aired in line with agreed protocols and agreements.
- Tracking the consistency of message inputs into all communications by keeping a message calendar that tracks message sequence and timing
Ensure that Communication outputs are responding to prevailing environment realities, including:
- Keeping close communication with primary audience to understand trends in the different states, and advise on relating such trends to communication interventions
- Work closely with state coordinators to identify and regularly update key influencers matrixAnalysing research data and programme reports and advise to inform programmatic direction and decision-making.
- Identifying and recommending innovative communications approaches according to changing priority areas across the different states
Monitoring and supervision of media outputs:
- Provide oversight to radio monitoring by ensuring listener panel reports are timely and documented
- Maintain tracking records of outdoor advertising frequency and duration
- Review media plans and schedules for all media channels and ensure time belts are relevant and appropriate to target audience
Events/Partnerships and promotions:
- Develop and update a calendar of relevant events which can be leveraged to maximize brand and message exposure
- Participate at relevant events to promote and establish relationships with potential partners
- Support the communications lead to ensure update and implementation of an advocacy/PR strategy to leverage for message and brand exposure
- A graduate Degree in Communications, Marketing or Social Sciences
- 3 to 6 years experience working in the field of either Marketing Communications, Behavior Change Communications or Advertising
- Excellent understanding of the social cultural dynamics of Nigeria, specifically northern Nigeria
- Understanding of social change programming, particularly gender equality issues.
- Knowledge of young women?s life style, specifically young women in northern Nigerian
- Good understanding of the Media and Communications Industry in Nigeria.
- Understanding/willingness to develop an understanding of gender dynamics and what works to promote gender equality
- English fluency (oral and written) Essential, Hausa language fluency Desired
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position