GVA Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT VAS Support
- Manage technical operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services
- Responsible for the provision of reliable IT infrastructure to guarantee high output levels from all teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Operations and Management:
- Deploy new products and services on the VAS platform based on the service description, flow and business rules.
- Integrate VAS platforms with MNOs including SMS Gateway, USSDC, SDP, OTA, Billing etc.
- Ensure 99.999% availability of VAS and IT services and platforms.
- Carry out acceptance tests for newly deployed Vas platforms and solutions.
- Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, , HTTP, SS7, M3UA, Sigtran, Web service, IP and others (SNMP).
- Integrate the Company’s products/services in the clients environment.
- Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
- Preparation/Analysis of Logs (Shortcodes, content downloads etc.)
- Setup, Maintain and Monitor Network and Third Party VPN & SMPP Connections
- Liaise with technical teams of telecommunication networks on behalf of clients to resolve technical issues.
- Maintain Web and Mobile Applications
- Develop and maintain code for monitoring of all business service provisions as well as internal applications (7 above)
- Administration and Management of all internal and external servers and systems, network devices and connections.
- Planning/Implementation of systems/network checklists.
- Administer company’s wired and wireless local area networks.
- Plan and Implement backup strategy for internal and remote systems
- Identify and implement any necessary changes or upgrades.
- Monitor server/network performance and availability to meet Service Level Agreement commitments.
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
- Develop technical specifications for applications that meet business requirements.
- Perform readiness tests on newly implemented VAS systems and products to validate features, capacity and functions.
- Keep abreast of new developments and technology trends in VAS, telecommunication and networking.
- Manage the company’s IT infrastructure: email services, internet access, Antivirus etc.
- Develop desktop, mobile and web applications, scripts for automated operational activities, etc.
- Generate periodic reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance reports, activity reports, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in technical within the VAS, Telecommunication or ICT industry
- Completed NYSC
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
- Operating system environments: Linux/UNIX
- Windows Server Operating systems & Active Directory administration and management.
- Servers and Data Backup
- Research and Writing
- Use of CRM
- Use of Microsoft Office suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Resource Management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Databases: Database Administration (Oracle/MySQL)
- Programming(PHP, Shell Scripting, SCXML and Java)
- Business Intelligence (optional)
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Great team work and collaborative spirit
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
- Exhibit high energy levels and drive
- Ability to easily adapt to changing work environment
- Exhibit Professionalism at all times
- Proven ability to make an impact internally and externally
- Analytical minded
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] with the job title used as subject of the mail.