Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties.
Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Job Title: General Manager
Provide the leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the hotel, including, but not limited to, the quality and legal defensibility of services provided, and the achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives. Manage the operations of the hotel in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the hotel Executive Committee.
- Lead, through subordinate staff, the effective management of the Rooms, Food & Beverage and Engineering functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
- Direct, manage, train and counsel sales, catering and revenue management staff. Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in appropriate national marketing efforts.
- Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive markets.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all hotel disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Must possess advanced computational ability.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.