The Leprosy Mission Nigeria (TLMN) is a Christian NGO working in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Health, providing technical support to Federal and states Leprosy control programmes.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Nigerian to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Relations Officer
- Collate and share information about promotional/support activities for TLM-Nigeria taking the best advantage of support and funding opportunities.
- Collate, store and disseminate (to projects and the general public) newsletters and such information as would raise awareness about TLM work in Nigeria.
- Liaise with TLMN Accounts Department to keep records and all receipts of funds raised and be accountable to TLMN donors.
- Form strategic partnerships with agencies and church groups to exchange promotional resources, expertise and information.
- Plan and carry out visits to local churches, their various groups; and other gatherings where there are opportunities to tell others about TLMN.
- Develop, update and maintain a database of supporters and TLMN donors.
- Keep in touch with supporters; acknowledging support received, and supplying feedback periodically to supporters.
- Develop promotional materials (pamphlets/brochures, video, advertisements/ press releases etc) with dear and compelling messages of the needs of persons affected by leprosy and TLMN response.
- Seek innovative ways of reaching different target groups with appropriate information and messages to enable them donate to TLMN
- Maintain / update social media communication platforms for TLMN
- Expand the general supporter base; giving emphasis to recruiting committed donors and strengthening prayer support for TLMN work.
- Investigate and utilise new sources of funding / support for TLMN work.
Physical Health and Appearances
- Not more than 35 years old
- Good general health
- Neat and tidy appearance
Qualifications and Experience
- A university Degree
- At least 5 years work experience (post NYSC).
- Experience of fundraising / promotional work
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Holds a valid driving licence
- Good communication skills and should be used to public speaking
- Team player / good interpersonal skits
- Excellent written and oral English
- Fluent in Hause language
- Basic Computer skills (MSWord, Excel, Access and Power Point,
- Corel Draw)
- Committed Chrislian in full sympathy with the objectives of The Leprosy Mission, with a call from God to work wlth people affected by leprosy
- Self starter
- Demonstrate the abilily to use their own initiative Problem solver
- Willing to travel widely in Nigeria to get work done
- Willing to work with people of different culture and religion
- Willing to work unsociable hours
- Writing to work under basic conditions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for TLMN Employment including a current resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation statement/essay that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/email not larger than 1MB.Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
Application should be submitted to: [email protected]
Note: Emails received after the deadline and without the appropriate subject line or incomplete applications will not be considered
Application Deadline 16:30; 10th August, 2016.