GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Forecasting Analyst, West Africa
Requisition ID: WD69075
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Functional area: Supply Chain & Logistics
- Provide detailed, timely forecast reporting across all categories for input to Consensus Forecast Review, Demand Review Meeting and Profit Review Meeting.
- Develop exception reporting to enable identification and management of forecast accuracy impacts and month to month forecast changes.
- Embed processes to support key account forecast capability to drive enhanced service levels and reduced working capital requirements
- Provide analytical support to the Head of Demand Forecasting and cross functional teams as required.
- Integrate Trade Spend / Net Sales inputs to ensure forecast decisions prioritise cost effective, net sales delivery.
- Contribute to significant projects to transform the operating model, and deliver the benefits required including gross to net, complexity reduction, cost of goods and working capital reductions etc
- Provide support for baseline statistical modeling to deliver enhanced forecast accuracy.
- Utilise data sources such as Nielsen scan, IMS wholesaler withdrawals, Ex Factory etc to generate insights to drive forecast accuracy.
- Support Demand Forecasting Heads with FV/MODCF/Just Enough and APO system administration including pricing administration, forecast data entry and validation.
- Own, maintain and evolve forecasting tools such as the Performance Analysis Toolkit.
- Capture detailed minutes and actions at CFR meetings and distribute these to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Develop and own an online platform for sharing Demand Forecasting tools, reporting, information and examples of best practice.
- Minimum – Bachelor’s in a Commerce / Business / Supply Chain related discipline, Logistics, Supply Management, Demand Management, Operational Management desirable.
- Minimum – Bachelors in a Commerce / Business / supply chain related discipline, logistics, supply management, demand management, operational management desirable.
- Advanced level Excel skills required.
- Exposure to Demand Forecasting and Commercial Sales / Marketing operations in an FMCG environment.
- Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase value by raising standards & championing best practices.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with knowledge of supply chain forecasting / trade spend software systems and processes preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Nielsen / IMS software.
- Reporting and analytical support for forecasting SKUs across
- Key Categories x 4
- Distributor/ Pharmacy / Grocery Channels including relevant Key Account inputs and visibility
- All counties within the region
- Incorporate Export / Dental inputs as required
Detailed forecast reporting across all forecast drivers:
- Baseline forecast
- System expert for SAP / APO / FV/MODCF/Just Enough
- Super user for Nielsen and IMS data
- Ad hoc detailed forecast analysis
- Promotional forecast
- New Product Introductions
- Media / Shopper initiatives
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply