The Federal Ministry of Health, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for consideration for appointment as Medical Director of the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Kware, Sokoto:
Job Title: Medical Director
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day to day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post graduation;
- Candidates must be fellows (in Psychiatry) of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Post graduate Medical College or its equivalent registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Not be more than 55 years of age
- Candidates must have considerable cognate experience as a Clinician and Medical researcher
- Administrative experience, preferably in a Tertiary Hospital setting is an added advantage;
- Candidates must have been Consultants Psychiatrists for minimum of five (5) years.
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
Salary & Allowances
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
Tenure of Office
The appointment is for an initial term of four (4) years in the first instance which may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance at the discretion of Mr. President for another term of four (4) years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send twenty (20) copies of their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials.
The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
Candidates should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words, In addition, candidates are required to ask their referees to send confidential report on them to the same address as below before the closing date.
All applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR MEDICAL DIRECTOR” addressed to:
Office of the Assistant Director of Administration,
Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline 9th November, 2015.