Ambrose Ali University is a university in Nigeria established in 1981. It was established by the then governor of Bendel State (now Edo and Delta States), Professor Ambrose Folorunso Alli (1979-1983). First known as Bendel State University, then Edo State University, it was later changed to its present name in commemoration of Professor Ambrose Folorunso Alli .
The Governing Council of the Ambrose Alli University hereby announces that a vacancy exists for the post of the University Librarian. Accordingly, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian should, as the academic head of the University Library, have a Ph.D. or Masters Degree in Library Science (M.L.S) with at least (15) fifteen years post-qualification/cognate experience in the University system out of which he must have served for at least three years on the post of Deputy University Librarian or the equivalent with evidence of research/scholarly publication in reputable journals and administrative ability/competence.
- The candidate must also possess a record of good health.
Duties of the Office
- The University Librarian is the Head of the University Library Services and shall be responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and all Library Services in the University (i.e. the College, Faculties, Schools, Departments, Institutes and other Teaching or Research units).
The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian in Nigerian Universities and as may be determined by Edo State Government from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of their applications and curriculum vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials. Detailed curriculum vitae should include:
- Full Names,
- Date and place of birth,
- Permanent home address,
- Current postal address,
- Marital status,
- Number and ages of children,
- Educational institutions attended with dates,
- Academic/professional qualifications (including dates and granting bodies),
- List of scholarly publications,
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present employers with current salary,
- Other activities outside current employment and names and address of three (3) referees.
Applicants should request their referees to forward on their behalf confidential reports directly to reach the University before the date of interview.
All applications should be forwarded in properly sealed envelopes marked “University Librarian” on the top left corner and addressed to the:
Ambrose Alli University,
Note: Any application received later than the closing date above will not be entertained.
Application Deadline 11th November, 2015.