The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the Foreign Service National Investigator (FSNI) position in the Regional Security Office in Abuja (RSO).
Job Title: Foreign Service National Investigator (FSNI)
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent serves as an advisor to the Regional Security Office (RSO) on security matters. In addition to conducting U.S. Embassy job-related investigations, the incumbent conducts sensitive criminal and consular fraud investigations.
- S/he maintains regular liaison between U.S. Embassy RSO and Abuja local police and other Government of Nigeria (GON) security entities.
- Additionally, s/he stays well-informed of all security related matters to provide up-to-date security briefing to new LES and to the RSO.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science is required.
- The incumbent must have advanced security and law enforcement experience in the country to understand the security apparatus of the Government of Nigeria.
- Must have Nigeria valid driver license.
- Ability to respond immediately to any security incident or crisis that may occur, including use of firearm.
- A minimum of three (3) years of prior work experience as a law enforcement officer is required
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) of one other local language is required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Salary: OR – Ordinary Resident – N6,115,042 p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN-08
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$45,487.00,
EFM/MOH – US$38,166, (Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-06
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application To: [email protected]
Note: All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for consideration. a U.S. citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under COM Authority does have to be officially assigned to post.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2015.