The Federal University of Technology, Akure, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the vacant position:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning – CONTISS 15
Location: Ondo State
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- He/she must also be receptive in line with the phased physical development plan of the University.
- He/she must enjoy good physical and mental health. In addition, he/she must be able to provide good professional leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
- He/she must be capable of carrying all staff of the Directorate along.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Physical Planning is the Chief Planning Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for matters relating to physical development of the University and preparation of data on/for projects for the National Universities Commission (NUC) and Tertiary Education Trust fund (TETfund).
- He/she also coordinates the activities of all consultants on projects up to tender stage and thereafter monitors the execution of projects.
Qualification and Experience
- Have a good honours degree in Civil/Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Building Technology, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning and Estate Management
- Be a registered member, preferably a Fellow of relevant Professional bodies such as ARCON & NIA or NIOB & CORBON or NIQSV or COREN & NSE or NITP &TOPREC.
- Be computer literate
- Possession of a Post graduate Degree will be an added advantage
- Have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience
- Not be below the rank of a Deputy Director of Physical Planning in a University or similar institution
Condition of Service
The successful candidate shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the date of assumption of office and may be re-appointed as may be determined by the appropriate University laws and the Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit twenty five (25) photocopies of their certificates, Curriculum Vitae and other relevant credentials in the format below:
- Name in full (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Present Home Address
- Present postal address/GSM numbers/E-mail Address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Post applied for
- Educational institution attended (with dates)
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained (with dates) attach 3 copies of your credentials
- Present employment, status and salary both in level and amount
- Statement of experience , including full details of former and present post
- Extra-curricula activities
- Name and address of 3 referees
- Signature and date
All applications should be forwarded to:
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B. 704, Akure,
Application Deadline 8th April, 2016.