The Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, a first generation arid well estabhshed Polytechnic with its specific functions of providing technology education, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, Information and Communication Technology, Art & Design as well as other spheres of learning has vacancy for the position of the post of:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Edo State.
- Candidate for the position of Rector must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has general responsibility formatters relating to the day to day administration of the institution subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must hold a Master’s degree or Doctorate Degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic, with at least 15 years Professional and Administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in a Polytechnic.
- Must be a Chief Lecturer of not less than five (5) years experience on the rank from the Polytechnic sector.
- Must be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with impeccable reputation.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital).
- Must be morally sound, and free from financial embarrassment.
- Must be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic..
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, gender, political, religious or other sectional interests.
- Must be a person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints.
- Must be ready to encourage the on-going Federal Government change programme in the Polytechnic sector
- Must not be more than sixty (60) years of age as at the time of assumption of office.
- Must demonstrate evidence of strong academic, administrative and visionary leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or certificate of Exemption.
- Must provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body/bodies in Nigeria.
- Must provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Terms of Appointment
The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years, and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four (4) years and no more. The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of the office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
How to Apply
Candidates are to attach to their application twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Names (Surname first and underlined)
- Date and Place of Birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current postal address including telephone number (GSM) and e-mail.
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of professional bodies/associations.
- Academic/scholarly publications: National and International (in APA format).
- Books published (where applicable)
- Honours and distinctions (if any)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates. (National and
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present employment to include: status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Statement of own vision for the Polytechnic
- Other activities outside current employment
Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview, photocopies will not be accepted. Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence. Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked “Application for the post of Rector” and addressed to:
Names and addresses of three (3) referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential Reports directly to:
Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate notable uprightness
Application Deadline 30th December, 2015