The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria) with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries, Africa Re operates through six (6) Regional Offices across Africa: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Port Louis (Mauritius) and one (1) Contact Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). It has also two (2) Subsidiary Companies (Africa Re South Africa Limited and Africa Retakaful) in Johannesburg (South Africa) and in Cairo (Egypt).
Africa-Re announces the vacancy of the position of Manager, Technical Inspection & Risk Prevention in her Head Office (Lagos, Nigeria) on the Professional Staff grade level (PS 2);
Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Technical Inspection & Risk Prevention
Job Type: Full Time
- To strengthen the control system in the corporation to ensure Management and Risk management & IT Governance committee the effectiveness of the corporation’s internal control and also to provide technical assistance to the production centres by the way of Carrying out risk surveys and providing quotations for Engineering risks.
Under the guidance of the Director of Central Operations & Special Risks, the key functions of the successful candidate will be to:
- Monitor the monthly reports of each Production centre
- Propose and implement the annual audit plan
- Monitor claims reserving and Reserve adequacy.
- Provide technical assistance to production centres.
- Carry out risk survey and assessment on the request of the production centres.
- Provide quotations for Engineering risks on the request of the production centres
- Assist production centres in the handling of complex claims.
- Produce audit reports
- Follow-up the audit issues,
- Assist the Production centres in improving their production tools including, the underwriting manual, contract wordings, rates and computer reports.
- Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Main Competencies Required for the Position
- Advanceknowledge of insurance and reinsurance.
- Capacity for technical and professional proficiency, particularly with regard Insurance and reinsurance underwriting as well as risk assessment;
- Capacity for analyzing, synthesizing and reasoning
- Very Good planning & reporting skills.
- High Integrity,Rigorous and good sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment.
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ect) and Knowledge of any other business-related software will be an added advantage
- Ability to train cedants and subordinate
- Ability to quickly build very good and sustainable relationship with cedants
- Capacity to respect confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Capacity for taking initiatives and decision;
- Good supervisory skills.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- First University degree in the Engineering field (Construction, Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, etc.), plus Masters, plus 5 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both Treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing ; claims management, risk survey and assessment Or
- First University degree in the Engineering field (Construction, Mechanic, Electro-mechanic, etc.), plus full professional qualification, plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment Or
- First University degree in relevant field plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Fac); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment
- A qualification in actuarial studies and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be more than 40 years old.
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level PS 2
- Variable pay ( Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
- Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant), – if Non- Nigeria National;
- Housing Allowance
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Home leave to country of origin every one (1) year paid by the employer – if Non- Nigeria National;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Tuesday, 31st January, 2017.