The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization is a sub-regional institution established in 2002, by the Heads of State of five West African countries (Côte d’ Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria) to address cross-border spread of HIV infection and facilitate the free movement of people and goods.
Aware of the challenges, ALCO undertook actions in order to better coordinate its programs so as to provide effective technical support to its member countries, and a holistic response to its target populations. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting a Health Program Coordinator. The incumbent will be based at the headquarters of ALCO in Cotonou, Benin.
Job Title: Health Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Secretary of ALCO
Term of the contract: 01 year renewable
- Within the framework of the implementation of its program, ALCO is recruiting a Health Program Coordinator under the supervision of the Executive Secretary. The incumbent will be based at ALCO’s headquarters based in Cotonou, Benin.
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary, ALCO Health Program Coordinator will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the health team activities in order to facilitate synergy and complementarity in the implementation of activities,
- Prepare the integration of HIV/Health and Reproductive Health Projects;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of annual action plans of various projects,
- Strengthen the capacity of the Information Unit and health centers in terms of quality of HIV services provided to key populations,
- Develop suitable projects to be submit to the Donors,
- Supervise the Team of the Health component, ensure the effective implementation of activities planned at various projects level,
- The incumbent must holder a Degree in Medicine and a Degree in Public Health,
- Have at least Eight (08) years of experience in the development, planning and implementation of health project/program,
- Have relevant competence in the development of projects/proposals to be submitted to Donors,
- Have perfect knowledge of Epi Info, SPSS, Excel, Word and PowerPoint,
- Have excellent analytical and drafting skills,
- Have excellent control over the official working languages of ALCO,
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines set in duties implementation,
- Have the ability to work in a team within a multicultural environment.
- Establish partnerships with the Ministries of Health, WHO, UNAIDS, NACC, NACP, NGOs
- Have proven experience in health program management,
- Have sound knowledge of ALCO member countries health systems, namely: Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire,
- Have at least five (05) years of experience in the development of HIV and/or epidemiological surveillance services,
- Have good organizational and managerial capacity,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their full Application checklist (listed below) sealed in an envelope with reference “Application for the position of Health Program Coordinator”, to:
The Executive Secretariat of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization,
234 Camp Guézo Cotonou,
Tel: (229) 21 31 35 79/ 21 31 35 91 Fax: (229) 21 31 36 52
Candidate should scan and forward all content in the “Application Checklist” below in PDF file to: [email protected]
- A duly signed letter of motivation to the Executive Secretary of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including at least two references to confirm the candidate’s experience;
- A certified copy of qualifications, testimonials and training certificates;
- A copy of valid ID card / passport
- The full application should not exceed 7Mb
- At each stage of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be contacted via the e-mail address and telephone number provided in their CV.
- Detailed terms of reference of this position are available at the following websites: www.corridor-sida.org ;www.corridor-aids.org
Application Deadline 6pm, Cotonou local time; 14th November, 2016.