North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
Job Title: STTA Note Takers – 3 positions
Reporting & Supervision:
The STTA Note Taker will report to the Operations Manager based in Abuja
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Arrives at the SRS event before the start time – 8:30am
- Takes accurate notes on the content of discussion (material/audio/video), questions and feedbacks/action points during each session.
- Ensures that notes taken are clear, neat, well organized, descriptive of information provided, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Remains physically and mentally alert and attentive during notetaking; refrains from providing advice, interjections, and/or personal opinions, either verbally or within the text of notes taken.
- Ensures that all related information/discussions remains confidential and is provided solely to the intended recipient/reporting supervisor
- Submit daily notes to the reporting supervisor
- Submit a detailed/complied typed-report after the three days’ session
GUIDELINES FOR THE NOTETAKER:
- Try not to abbreviate words. If you do abbreviate, clearly state what the abbreviations stand for (by telling them or by providing a key)
- Always write down significant information so that it is clear for review
- Write down important deadlines and other announcements; this may be the most crucial part of information that the program team will be need for further action
- Use underlining, highlighting, or capital letters for emphasis. Star any information you think might be important
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum Diploma certificate is required
- Two years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and follow routine verbal instructions.
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills are required, especially Knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques for the taking of competent classroom notes
How to Apply
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to [email protected]by July 20, 2016:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted