Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
Hubmart Stores Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Buyer
Throughout the year, responsibilities typically involve:
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends;
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels;
- Managing plans for stock levels;
- Participating in promotional activities;
- Writing reports and forecasting sales levels;
- Presenting new ranges to senior retail managers;
- Liaising with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand;
- Getting feedback from customers;
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
- Reacting to changes in demand and logistics;
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract;
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products;
- Liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed;
- Attending trade fairs, in the and overseas, to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience (Previous retail work experience is important.)
- Relevant degree in retail or business with a greater commercial awareness.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiating skills and the ability to network and influence people
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership attributes
- Creative flair
- Confident presentation style
- A passion for retail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Numeracy skills and proficiency using IT
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and Meet tight deadlines
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets
- Drive and determination
Job Title: Accountant
- Prepare Financial Statement for Management decision.
- Day-to-day management of the Financial and Management Accounting processes.
- Implement approved accounting processes. systems and controls for products and services.
- Ensure all creditors’ balances are diligently & completely recorded and accounted for on a daily basis.
- Render accurate and timely returns to appropriate statutory regulatory authorities in compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Plan, organize and implement accounting operations and objectives, coordinate and integrate activities toward achievement of established goals and objectives.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the financial health and status of the Organization.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- To prepare & review budgets for new projects
- To ensure that financial statements and management reports on all projects are prepared & submitted on a monthly basis
- To ensure that all projects are correctly closed down including disposal of assets, closure of bank accounts and finalization of reports
- To come up with yearly cost reduction models for the company
- To maintain financial risk assessments of all projects, ensuring that key risks are identified & clear recommendations are presented to the MD
- To manage multiple project accounts
- To develop and deliver relevant financial training to account clerk/assistant
- Minimum of five (4) years relevant experience in core accounting function with at least two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Compulsory Audit/Tax Management Experience
- Strong background in account, stock management process
- High degree of integrity confidentiality, confidence in tasks execution.
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP and audit management tools and other accounting software.
- First Degree in Accounting or other numerate discipline.
- Successful candidate must be chattered
- ACA or other relevant international professional qualifications (CIMA, CPA, ACCA)
- Financial management
- Budgeting and planning
- Accounting policies and standards
- Financial analysis and interpretation
- Tax management
- Risk identification & management
- Cost accounting techniques
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Candidates with a relevant degree or HND in business studies, management, hospitality management or hotel and catering.
Skills and Qualifications:
- People Management,
- Foster Teamwork,
- Giving Feedback,
- Verbal Communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 3rd February, 2017.