Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the position below tenable in the Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto:
Job Title: Petroleum Technology Development Fund Professional Chair in Petroleum Chemistry
- Develop and teach relevant courses in Petroleum Chemistry as core (compulsory) subject at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Establish and strengthen academic leadership in the particular area of Petroleum Chemistry and Petroleum Technology in general.
- Carry out other academic and administrative duties as may be assigned as well as provide professional and community services.
- Deliver an annual Petroleum Technology Development Fund lecture on topical issues in Petroleum Chemistry and Technology
- Continuously engage in Applied Research in Petroleum Chemistry as well as initiate and lead research in “Development of Catalysts and Processes for Manufacture of Petrochemicals”.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must be a Petroleum Chemist or a person appointable to the position of a Professor who can make contributions in areas relevant to Petroleum Technology Development.
- The candidate should have adequate research experience in the research area stated in (3) above.
- Other Usmanu Danfodiyo University requirements (viz number of journal publications, extensive research and academic experience, etc) for appointment to the position of a Professor shall also apply. At least ten (10) years of teaching, research and academic experience in a Nigerian University or any recognized University outside Nigeria.
- The prospective Professor must bi a person with good and proven interpersonal relations that would enable the department benefit from facilities available to the Chair.
- Possess a Ph.D. in any of the following disciplines: (a) Petroleum Chemistry; (b) Petroleum Technology; (c) Chemical Engineering or any relevant field of Chemistry.
Conditions of Service and Salary
- The appointment is for a Professional position in the University, endowed by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
- The appointment shall be for a period of Three (3) years in the first instance and renewable for another two (2) years based on performance.
- Salary is for a Professorial rank in Nigerian Universities plus very attractive enhancement incentives.
- Other conditions governing the appointment of staff in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto shall also apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Fifteen (15) copies of typewritten Application and Curriculum Vitae (attaching photocopies of all relevant credentials), and are advised to request three (3) of their referees to forward report on them under Confidential cover to:
Usmanu Danfodiyo University,
Note: The left hand side of the enveloped should be marked “PTDF Chair” Each application should be accompanied by a short proposal on the research area which shall be presented and discussed during the interview.
Application Deadline 11th June, 2016.