About the company
Andela is a global talent accelerator that produces world-class remote developers and connects them with employees across the world. Here at Andela we find the brightest young minds in Africa, train them to become world class software developers and connect them to employers around the world looking for top technical talent.
User Interface Designer
About the Role
In the role of User Interface Designer, you are a crucial member of the Tech and Training team here at Andela. You’ll be responsible for Interface Design for internal projects as well as several client projects. You will be the go-to man for anything design, pixel perfection, information architecture and product design best practices. You will also be accountable for holding every developer in Andela to high design standards.
- You are comfortable using Prototyping tools like Balsamiq, Invision or Photoshop to create Low Fidelity prototypes for web applications.
- You are comfortable communicating with a client in the US and are able to help flesh out requirements into User Interfaces.
- You have experience designing High Fidelity prototypes using Photoshop.
- You’ve worked in various roles with a strong focus on front-end development for web-based applications that are responsive and look great on both desktop and mobile
- You can translate high-fidelity PSDs into pixel-perfect prototypes using HTML5, CSS3 and AngularJS that work across all modern browsers
- You have worked with Foundation, Bootstrap and Angular.js on multiple projects
- You can work on your own most of the time but are open to feedback because you know it helps you continue to improve – so you seek it out regularly
- A proven ability to create products that people love to use
- Worked with both Startups and established companies
- You’ve had to wear in multiple hats in previous roles
- Come up with superb user interface designs for applications (both in-house and for clients)
- Convert PSD to pixel-perfect, hand-coded HTML/CSS
- Work closely with developers and client to turn idea into product
- Convert an existing “desktop” feature into a responsive feature that works across smart phones and tablets
- Interview customers and incorporate their feedback into your design work
- Use your eye for detail to do final acceptance testing (cross-browser, UX, etc) on new features once they have been built and are ready for production
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here