The Management of University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, (UATH), Gwagwalada, hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the soon to be vacant position below:
Job Title Chief Medical Director/CEO
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post graduation;
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent register-able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Clinical Experience/Medical research is an added advantage;
- Administrative experience, preferably in a Tertiary Hospital setting is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Computer/lnforrnalion and Communication Technology is an added advantage.
- Applicant above the Age of 56 years need not apply
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
Tenure of Office
The appointment is for an initial term of four (4) years in the first instance which may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance at the discretion of Mr. President for another term of four (4) years.
Remuneration and Allowance
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of application letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Director of Administration,
University of Abuja Teaching Hospital,
- Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty (20) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- This should be accompanied by recommendation letters from the referees
Application Deadline 24th November, 2015.