University of Abuja, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the vacant position of:
Job Position: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University, its Faculties, Colleges, Schools, Institutes and other teaching and research units.
- As an academic unit, the successful candidate will be expected to provide both administrative and academic leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Candidate must not be less than a Deputy Librarian/Reader/Associate Professor by rank and should possess a good honours degree and Ph.D in Library/Information Science from a recognized University with at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience, preferably in a University, at least, five (5) years of which must be at the Deputy Librarian/Reader/Associate Professor level.
- The candidate must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals. In addition, the candidate should have proficiency in management and administration, capability to initiate research and be knowledgeable in the application of computer software and library operations/services, especially the e-Library.
- The candidate must be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
Conditions of Service
- The conditions attached to this position are as generally applicable in the Nigerian University system and may, from time to time, be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit thirty (30) typewritten copies of their applications, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving the information in the order listed below:
- Full Name;
- Post Desired and Department;
- Date of Birth;
- Place of Birth and state
- Nationality/State of Origin;
- Permanent Home Address (No P.O. Box or RM.B);
- Current Postal Address;
- E-mail Address
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates);
- Academic Qualifications (with dates);
- Professional Qualifications (with dates) where applicable;
- List of Publications with Details of Titles, Publishers or Journals, dates and pages (where applicable);
- Working Experience, General and Specific Experience (with dates);
- Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community (with Status and Dates);
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer;
- Extra Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields), who should forward reference reports on him/her directly to:
University of Abuja,
And marked “CONFIDENTIAL” (For the attention of the Vice-Chancellor) at the top left hand corner of the letter and envelope.
- Late applications will NOT be entertained.
- Only short- listed candidates will be contacted, please.
Application Closing Date
15th of October, 2015.