University of Agriculture, Makurdi – The position of Registrar of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi will become vacant with effect from 30th June, 2016.
The Governing Council of the University has, therefore, decided to commence the process for appointment of a new Registrar.
Consequently, the University, hereby, advertises the post of Registrar and calls for applications from suitably qualified candidates. Hence, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- The successful candidate will be required to among other things, train and give good professional leadership to administrative staff to ensure efficient and effective professional administrative performance.
- Candidates must be academically alert and administratively competent.
- The person shall by virtue of the Office be the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates should have at least a Second Class (Lower Division) Honours Degree in relevant fields (e.g. Arts, Social Sciences, Administration, etc) from a recognized University.
- Candidates must be computer-literate and member of at least two relevant Professional Bodies like NIM, IPMN, ANUPA.
- Possession of higher Degree(s) in relevant subjects will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience, 10 of which should be relevant to University Administration, Candidates who have not yet attained the level of Deputy Registrar or equivalent position need not apply.
- Applicants must not .be more than sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the Registrar.
Duration of Appointment
- As has been specified by the Federal Universities of Agriculture Act, Cap F22, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2012, the Registrar shall hold office for 5 years in the first instance, subject to a renewal for one year based on satisfactory performance.
Conditions of Service
These are as approved for Federal Universities in the country and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their Applications in 12 copies with photocopies of their Certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Numberand Ages of Children
- Educational institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies.
- Work Experience and Positions held with dates
- Present Employer, Post and Salary
- List of Publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions, including awards received, if any;
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees – one of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should NOW be requested to forward their references direct to the Registrar, University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
All applications should NOW be addressed to:
University of Agriculture,
P.M.B. 2373, Makurdi,
Note: Only applications of those who may be shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
Application Deadline 30th April, 2016.