The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
United Nations Global Compact Internship
- Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Duration and Period
Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
- Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
- Winter / Spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June)
Please note that internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
How to Apply
Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact Click Here to Apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: 13th November 2016.