UKEAS is an education consultancy which provides free, impartial counselling and application services for international students wishing to study at high schools, colleges and universities in the United Kingdom.
Student.com is the leading global marketplace for student housing. We help students of all nationalities compare and book rooms near their university in the world’s top destinations.
We are looking for talented people who are passionate about helping students with arranging their accommodation for their exciting journey abroad. We are seeking a confident, friendly, organized individual with great interpersonal skills, an international mindset and a passion to help people to grow Student.com in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Representative, Nigeria
Vacancy Ref Number: UKEAS 02:16
Department: Marketing, Recruitment and International Relations
- This position is an exciting and novel opportunity to work with the leading global marketplace for student housing whilst also developing a vital and strategic role within UKEAS, one of Student.Com partners.
- The job focuses on the expansion of Student.Com services in the Nigerian market, helping prospective students planning to study abroad find the most suitable accommodation near their Universities, as well as providing year-round specific support and advice for all students.
- The post holder will be responsible to scale recruitment in Nigeria and Will have to meet set targets.
- The In-Country Officer will be an employee of UKEAS in Nigeria with the sole purpose of supporting Student,Com. The post holder will therefore have close contact with UKEAS staff and the Student.Com booking team.
- Improve conversion rates of bookings by using your own initiative to test new ideas
- Track and share student and partner feedback to continually evaluate services and opportunities for improvement
- Social media management and high schools visits Build relationships and partnerships with key educational institutions and organizations
- Process bookings from inquiry to completion ensuring the customers have the best experience possible
- Continually increase knowledge about the booking process and all service options available for students
- Work with our Supply team to stay up to date on any new landlords, properties or offers
- Follow up with students via phone, email, and other communication channels to ensure the student receives prompt response to inquiries
- Work with the content team to continually improve how properties, accommodation and services are promoted on the website
- Must be educated to degree level, preferably UK educated.
- Marketing qualification with social media expertise is also desirable.
- 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Cultural awareness of UK and experience in dealing with international organisations
- Previous experience in a busy/pressured environment
- Marketing or sales background and a proven track record in Customer Service, ability to provide peace of mind for our students when booking with us
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office packages
- Proven ability to combine strategic thinking with attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team to achieve UKEAS’s objectives
- A flexible approach to work, willingness to undertake regular travel in Nigeria and, on occasion, overseas including flexibility of evenings and weekends.
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences both in writing and orally, including strong presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills and the ability to work efficiently, accurately and calmly under pressure
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a covering letter detailing why you think you are best suited for this job to: [email protected]
Applications Deadline 26th February, 2016.