- The competition is open to individuals from any part of the world.
- Applicants, or the the founder on whose behalf the applicant is applying, must be 18-35 years old at the time of entry.
- Entrants are required to be the initiative’s founder, co-founder, or equivalent.
- Initiatives must have grown beyond the conceptual stage—with the product, process, or enterprise already gaining traction among local communities or other markets.
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees.
- Applications must be submitted in English. (The online programme, accelerator event and the pitch will all be delivered in English, and proficiency in written and oral English is required.)
- Solutions must relate to one or more of the UN Global Goals (Sustainable Development Goals) listed below:
- Global Goal 1 – No Poverty: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Global Goal 2 – Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- Global Goal 5 – Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Global Goal 6 – Clean Water and Sanitation: Ensure availability and suitable management of water and sanitation for all
- Global Goal 7 – Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all
- Global Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all
- Global Goal 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensure responsible consumption and production patterns
- Global Goal 13 — Climate Action: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Seven young entrepreneurs will receive a total of €200,000 in funding and support to help take their sustainable solutions to the next level.
- Six finalists will each receive cash prizes of €10,000, along with support and mentorship (worth €10,000).
- One winner will receive a €50,000 cash prize and will be awarded the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize at an event in London in Spring 2016 and €25,000 worth of support and mentoring.
- The prize package includes funding, customised expert mentoring support, access to an online business development programme, a two-day accelerator workshop at the University of Cambridge, and networking with senior executives and sustainability leaders at Unilever’s headquarters.
- All entrants will benefit from exposure to a range of leading sustainability experts, entrepreneurs and investors during the process, along with recognition via Unilever’s global channels and the networks of the University of Cambridge and Ashoka.
Applications open : September 23, 2015
Deadline for All Applications : November 18, 2015
Finalists Announced (March 2016)
Finalists Pitch to Judges (April/May 2016)
Prize Ceremony in London (April/May 2016)
Application Deadline: Midnight GMT on 18 November 2015.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply