The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HACT Officer Emergency, TA
Job Number: 499825
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
- L3 Emergency for Nigeria CO was activated on 22nd August 2016 following the rapidly escalating humanitarian needs brought about by the gradual return of the displaced population in the North East. There is increased access in newly liberated areas in Borno state where the needs are the most extreme. An immediate Scale-Up Plan has been developed and it aims at reaching the populations in need.
- There is an urgent need to both significantly scale up humanitarian assistance by UNICEF and partners, and improve its quality, strengthening supervision and quality assurance. In addition, it is essential to rapidly prepare for the gradual return of the displaced with the reestablishment of basic services, immediately looking at early recovery needs.
- In view of this, UNICEF is increase the number of programme staff based in Borno Field Office for improved operational support and monitoring of programmes, quality assurance and technical support to national counterparts. This includes a position for a HACT Officer to be station in Borno. The Officer will oversee the HACT activities in Borno and Bauchi Office zones.
- The officer will provide support in HACT activities including following up administrative tasks related to the various HACT activities (Spot checks, Micro-assessments, audits, capacity building & HACT Training), work on collating reports, filing and analyzing data collected from the HACT activities for various reports.
- The Officer will be under the supervision of the Programme HACT Specialist, Abuja.
- The Officer will be in charge of HACT activities and provide relevant administrative support in ensuring full compliance with the 2016 HACT Assurance Plan for UNICEF Nigeria;
- Follow up with the Chiefs/programme sections to collate documents required by the auditors for micro-assessment, spot check and audit assignments (as per required list of documents).
- Upload all HACT related reports into the SharePoint according to each office for ease of sharing and accessibility.
- Update the spot check trackers on a weekly basis with high priority issues observed during the visit that require follow up action/closure or management attention
- Attend programme meetings to discuss/follow up on HACT issues that require action form the CFO/Programme e.g high priority issues from SC trackers & recommendations from MA and Audits
- Collate all the finalized HACT activities reports (Micro-assessments, audits, spot checks & programme monitoring visits) from all the 2 offices. The reports should be properly labelled as per index provided
- Provide support on timely dispatch of HACT assurance activity reports (Micro-assessments, spot checks, Audits) to respective Field Offices and sections (for onward delivery to IPs) & follow up.
- Monitor HACT activities & work plans for HACT consultants working in Borno and Bauchi
- Review travel undertaken by HACT consultants against planned travel for any adjustments and follow up on the certification process with Admin unit. Review and endorse manual TA certifications made by the consultants.
- Follow up on Payments process for consultants (invoice, TAs, travel claim, TA certification).
- Draft minutes for HACT meetings and circulate the action points to the team for implementation
- Conduct Simplified Assessments for IPs receiving less than $100,000 per year and ensure final report is dispatched to the IP/s.
- Ensure a well-organized and easily accessible filing system of all HACT related documents
- Update the HACT plan performance indicators on assurance activities & follow up on audit preparation activities
- Analyse assurance reports for high risk/high priority observations for action by programme teams
- Collate data for the preparation of various reports for programme meetings, management and CMT, RO & HQ reports) that may be required regularly.
- Follow up on timely dispatch of final assurance reports to relevant IPs by each section – obtain copies of the dispatch letters.
- Organizing HACT training Capacity Building for IPs as per the HACT plan- follow up on IP letters/hotel/training materials
Deliverables/ end products/timeframe: (eg. final report, article, document etc.):
- Updated status of open items on spot check and programme monitoring trackers for sharing in weekly programme meetings
- Follow up with the programme team to ensure that the spot check report is dispatched to the IPs within 2 weeks after the spot check visit (get a copy of the dispatch letter).
- Follow up with the programme teams for response from the IP detailing the implementation of the Micro-assessment, Audit and spot check recommendations.
- Prepare various assurance activity reports and analysis as requested by the HACT manager
- Analyse of Micro-assessments, spot checks and audit reports conducted to identify high priority areas that requires programme/management action and share with the HACT Manager/Officers of respective offices for follow up with section Chiefs/CFOs.
- All HACT documentation sequentially uploaded to SharePoint on a weekly basis and easily accessible.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- University Degree in Accountancy, Finance and Business Administration, or Professional Accounting qualification in CPA/ACCA.
- 5 years’ experience in internal/external audit or financial management in a reputable organisation.
- Experience and familiarity with UNICEF financial policies and procedures.
- Proven knowledge of Fast-Track / financial processes a strong asset.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Strong Drive for Results
- Experience in international organisations is an asset.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Strong Drive for Results.
- Relevant experience in emergency operation a strong asset.
- Communication and very good writing skills; Analytical; Drive for result; planning and organising; Working with people; Well familiar with UN/UNICEF HACT P, procedures and recruitment policies; Fluency in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th November, 2016.