The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development.
The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH in Emergency Specialist – P3 Level
Job Number: 495970
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
- WASH Specialists, who under the overall guidance of either the Chief of WASH or the Management, take responsibility for key elements of the WASH programme as determined by the organization’s priorities.
- With (i) focus on preparedness, ii) strengthening national / humanitarian coordination, and iii) information management
- Water and environment specialist
Qualifications of Successful Candidates
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, Social Sciences or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector. Field work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply