UNICEF – If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job Title: WASH Specialist
Purpose of the Position
Accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programme to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
Key Expected Results
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective programme planning, development and management, including emergency preparedness and response.
- Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key WASH sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/information exchange.
- Quality of rights-based WASH programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to programme management process through results-based management and strategies.
- Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined programme strategies and approaches. Programme monitored with special attention to gender/sex disaggregation of relevant indicators.
- Programme delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- UNICEF’s global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the WASH sector.
- Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply, non-supply and emergency assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the WASH sector.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration including support to the IASC WASH Cluster.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector. Field work experience.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Closing Date 5 May 2016
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.