United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Nigeria is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children.
In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communication for Development Specialist
Vacancy Number: VN-NGR-67-2015
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
- To be responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- Advanced university degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Knowledge of training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication intervention.
- Knowledge and experience to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies. Knowledge of community capacity building.
- Knowledge and experience in the methods of communication to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form and to listen to and acknowledges others’ perspectives and views.
- Computer knowledge, skills and practical experience, including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office applications.
- Fluency in English and the local working language of the duty station
- Knowledge of current developments in the fields of: communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory, indigenous media, community organization and participation, strategic communication planning, behavior analysis, formative research and evaluation of communication interventions.
- Knowledge of inter-disciplinary approach in programme development and implementation in programme communication, social mobilization and behavioural change.
- Knowledge of end experience in emergency operations and management.
- Knowledge of and skills in programme communication networking, advocacy and negotiation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application, accompanied by updated CV’s in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form.
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] While sending their applications, candidates are advised to put the position title on the subject line of their emails.
Application Deadline 19th November, 2015.