The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
UNICEF is responsible for implementation of Component 2 of the programme, namely ‘to increase access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender based violence, in 3 states of northern Nigeria”. This will entail enhancing avenues for reporting of child rights violation and Gender Based Violence in Plateau and Gombe States, strengthening access to and quality of services for children and women who have experienced violence (including gender based violence (GBV), abuse, neglect and exploitation and strengthening the information management system for collecting data on violations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Officer, NO-B
Job Number: 494364
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Health Specialist, the incumbent will help with planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of scaling-up cost-effective Health intervention packages.
- He/She will also participate in data-driven situational analyses, including epidemiological and emergency assessments; provide specific technical expertise on Health policies and other issues; provide in-country technical and operational support; and help monitor, evaluate and report on related Health programs.
Key Expected Results
- Timely, regular data-driven analysis for planning and results-based management for scaling-up specific Health interventions.
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply and financial assistance.
- Technical expertise on specific Health interventions.
- Technical and operational support provided to key government and non-government partners on scaling-up interventions (downstream activities).
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Health, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy And Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-Medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion And Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions In Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, or a field relevant to International Public Health Development Assistance
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of the local language of the duty station, an asset.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience related to developmental assistance in health.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th April, 2016.