The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Child Protection, Monitoring and Evaluation, P3
Job Number: 494521
Work Type : Consultancy
Background/ Purpose of Consultancy
- UNICEF is supporting the Government of Nigeria to strengthen prevention of and response all forms of violence against children. In particular, assistance will be provided to strengthen the child protection system, including through modelling the system in four States, in order to demonstrate the impact of a well-functioning child protection system, to develop a common model for operationalizing the Child Rights Act at State level and to develop standardized tools, including regulations, working protocols and training manuals to govern the system.
- Strengthening the system includes the development of a robust child protection management information system.
- The purpose is to to establish a harmonized monitoring and evaluation framework, information management system, case management system for child protection.
- The programme will be implemented in Plateau and Gombe, as part of an EU funded joint programme with UN Women to mitigate the impact of conflict on women and children, including through increasing access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender based violence, and in Lagos and Cross River, funded by USAID, as part of the child protection systems strengthening programme.
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Support the assessment of formal and informal information management systems for child protection and routine data collection relevant to child protection in the four states and at Federal level, including how data is collected from the states and including routine data collection relevant to child protection, and support the mapping of data collection points and data flows
- Facilitate validation meetings for the focus states and at the Federal level
- Support stakeholders to develop a draft detailed costed plan of action for an information management system for Nigeria including detailed recommendations for the content and coverage of the system and how the system will be used.
- Develop pilot tools for the child protection management information system
- Provide ongoing technical support to the national consultants at State level
- Review the data and information collected for the assessment conducted at State and Federal level and draft the assessment report and mapping
- Advanced university Degree in Social Science, Statistics or related field
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience with projects related to monitoring and evaluation
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Experience of assessing and developing M&E systems and/or management information systems for child protection and knowledge of child protection systems is desirable
- Experience of working on monitoring and evaluation within the public sector is desirable
- Demonstrable results in the field of M&E highly desirable
- Abreast with latest development in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st April, 2016.