The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development.
The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Field Officer (Partnerships)
Job Number: 494630
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Level: P- 4
Work Type : Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
- Under the strategic guidance of the Representative, the Chief of Field Office (Partnerships) will be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating Nigeria Country Office’s resource mobilization strategy including resource mobilisation, partnerships, leveraging and all forms of engagement with the private sector (incorporating the new guidelines on Corporate Social Responsibility).
- Ensures effectiveness of and compliance with UNICEF local, regional and global resource mobilization priorities.
Key Expected Results:
- Develops a comprehensive resource mobilization and partnerships strategy in support of UNICEF’s priorities at the national level. Designs a coherent action plan for each component of the strategy: target setting, prospect pipeline, investment cases, cultivation and solicitation, and partnership management.
- Develops and oversees the section’s work plan to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved and reports on effectiveness of actions to maximize results.
- Conducts risk analysis to inform decision making on investments, partnerships and efficiency of the entire operation.
- Closely coordinates the sections work plan and strategy with the Communication and Programme sections to contribute to the achievement of overall Country Programme objectives and in accordance to regional and global PFP established and emerging priorities. Ensures efficient and effective management of human and financial resources allocated to the section. Oversees budget implementation. Approves disbursement of funds ensuring proper utilization and accountability in compliance with existing rules and regulations.
- Cultivates, solicits and finalizes partnerships with corporations, High Net Worth Individuals, foundations and other key stakeholders for resource mobilisation and private sector engagement aims (including Corporate Social Responsibility).
- As team leader for the Field Office, establishes programme work plan, monitors compliance and provide training, support and guidance to programme team.
- Coordinates high level engagement with key partners from the public and private sectors to mobilize and influence cooperation with UNICEF to accelerate the achievement of results for children. Publicly advocates and positions UNICEF’s brand to generate a strong positive UNICEF’s image to motivate and inspire partnership in collaboration with Communication section.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Fundraising and Philanthropy or a related technical field. Knowledge of social development concepts and human rights approaches would be considered an asset.
- Eight (8) years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in fundraising, marketing, public relations, social marketing and management experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Creating and Innovating
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This is a re-advertisement of a previously advertised vacancy. Applicants who applied to the first vacancy do not resubmit their applications as these will be kept active through the second advertisement.
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
Application Deadline 6th May, 2016.