If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job Title: Supply Chain Consultant – P4/NOD
Job Number: 496147
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Consultancy
Purpose of the Assignment
To support Government of Nigeria in providing technical support in the revitalization of the PHC by working with the relevant government partners to strengthen the supply chains.
- Analyze the current PHC supply chain system in the context of PHC revitalization, including stakeholder mapping, leadership, governance and accountabilities.
- Develop strategies for :
- national planning/quantification and funding in support of 10,000 PHC supply chain, considering the essential products list for PHC
- Procurement and distribution of the PHC supplies.
- Identify gaps and risks which are likely to impact the implementation of the strategy and propose a risk mitigation/capacity development plan
- Provide technical guidance to improve local pharmaceutical production capacities and achieve GMP/PQ upgrading
- Support the coordination efforts of national and state PHC Supply Chain.
- In his analysis, the Consultant shall specifically consider leadership, governance and accountabilities in the context of Nigeria federal system; the integration of parallel systems; specificity and conditionality’s of donors and partner agencies; existing systems and own capacities of Nigeria FMOH.
- The Consultant will work with relevant government partners, UNICEF Supply and Programme (Health, Nutrition,, HIV/AIDS and WASH), UNICEF WCARO Regional Office, UNICEF Supply Division Supply Chain Strengthening Centre, and development partners to support the development of the National Supply Chain Strategy for PHC revitalization in Nigeria
- The PHC supply chain model and strategic document, including a coverage of the following aspects, is developed and validated by the FMoH and NPHCDA:
- leadership, governance and accountability
- funding and partnerships
- planning /quantification
- procurement strategy
- distribution system
- coordination mechanism
- monitoring and evaluation system
- gap / risk analysis and mitigation plan.
- The plan to accompany local pharmaceutical manufacturers to become WHO compliant and achieve/PA upgrading GMP is established.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Advanced university degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, Accountancy, Public Administration, Contract/Commercial Law, International Development, Procurement, or areas related to supply chain/logistics operations or UNICEF programme areas.
First university degree combined with demonstrated professional work experience and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of advanced university degree, preferably combined with credited courses or certifications from relevant bodies in supply chain management, procurement, contracting or logistics.
Years of relevant experienc
Candidates with advanced university degree must have a minimum of 8 year experience in Supply Chain Management, with relevant experience in providing advisory services to governments in developing countries for the strengthening of their health supply chain, through the integration of parallel systems and development of local pharmaceutical market. Candidates with first university degree must have 10 years of experience.
Relevant experience in sub-Saharan Africa and/or in Nigeria.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Fluency in English. Second UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 10th June, 2016