The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development.
The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordination Support Officer (WASH DPG)
Job Number: 495789 | Vacancy Link
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
- The main purpose of this assignment is to provide administrative, logistical, secretarial and technical coordination support to the smooth functioning of the WASH Development Partner’s Group.
- The position will be based in UNICEF Nigeria Country Office Abuja and will work closely with UNICEF colleagues, development partners and government partners in the course of carrying out the assignment. The tasks will require occasional/limited travel.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of WASH, the key assignments for this position include the following:
- The WASH DPG Coordination Support officer’s principal task is to support the Chief of WASH- UNICEF in donor-donor and donor-government coordination efforts aimed at promoting effective aid coordination and harmonization agenda on the country level;
- Serve as a focal point among development partners (DP) where coordination issues are concerned;
- Support activities of any coordination structures that may be established (Working Groups, Steering Committees, etc.) to prepare and consolidate inputs for major collaborative initiatives;
- Maintain positive working relations and manage feedback and information flows between and among: donor agency heads/ focal points, the counterpart coordination mechanisms in government, private sector, civil society and media;
- Contribute to joint planning and budgeting exercises as may be required;
- Support to prepare background concept notes and papers;
- Assist the donor community to coordinate their joint responses to the Government.
- Collect general information, donor reports, letters and other documents and catalog them in an easily searchable and accessible manner;
- Contribute to the WASH section’s endeavours in Sanitation financing and other economic/policy analysis.
- Regularly liaise with the donors, Government, NGOs, private sector, media and other parties as required in the aid coordination and harmonization issues;
- Maintain an updated donors database and mapping of DP interventions in the country;
- Collect inputs from DPs on major achievements or highlights to be included in the Quarterly Newsletter for sharing with wider audiences and contribute to web site updates as required;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the donor coordination meetings;
- Analyze global best practice and lessons learned on donor coordination and aid harmonization;
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience
- University degree in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Business or related field.
- Good communications, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- At least one year of professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization or private sector
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th May, 2016.