United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Intern – Graphic Design
Type of Contract: Internship
Post Level: Intern
Duration of Initial Contract: 3 months
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in more than 170 countries, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges.
At UNDP, external and internal communication – nationally, regionally and globally – is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skilful communication broadens the impacts of new policies, helps governance reforms take root, and attracts and fosters strong partnerships. The Communications Unit of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Nigeria is interested in engaging a Graphic Design intern to support the Country Office’s initiatives in Communication Uniting through conceptualizing and creating marketing and communications products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the direct supervision of the Communications Specialist for the Country Office, the intern will be required to perform the following functions;
- Contributing with creative ideas to reach and engage different audiences;
- Proposing and updating corporate promotional products;
- Building a corporate image bank by selecting, tagging and optimizing photos for print and digital products;
- Conceptualizing and creating marketing communication products for different media;
- Designing brochures, reports, one pagers, fast facts and infographics;
- Proficient in main graphic design and photo editing software (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop);
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and be aware of political sensitivities;
- Familiarity with main social media platforms;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Solid knowledge on designing for print and digital media;
- Ability to convert complex and abstract ideas into simple visual concepts;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
Required Skills and Experience
- Candidate must be enrolled in a graduate degree programme in the related field of Graphic Design, Multimedia and Marketing or Communications.
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to speak and write in any one of the common local languages is an asset.
- Must be available at least three days a week.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st March, 2016.