UKEAS Nigeria is an education consultancy committed to ensuring that in all our offices FREE expert advice is given by highly trained counsellors on any aspect of British education.
We provide counselling and application services for international students wanting to study at high schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Founded in Taiwan in 1993, we have helped tens of thousands of students to achieve their goal of study in the UK.
Job Title: In-Country Officer
UKEAS Vacancy Reference: UKEAS 05:16
Specialization: Student recruitment, customer service and office support
- The successful applicant will be based within a UKEAS office in Nigeria and will be responsible for recruitment and the follow up of prospective students on behalf of the University of Southampton.
- They will provide administrative support to manage student applications and will liaise with the University of Southampton to ensure that applicants are kept updated about their application and are processed as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Promoting and representation of the University of Southampton in Nigeria
- Ongoing counselling, application submission and follow up of students
- Visa checking confirming all documents are correct prior to visa submission
- Coordinating visits to Nigeria by University of Southampton staff
- Conducting market research including regular statistical and trend analysis
- Facilitating the development and maintenance of partnerships and collaborations with key higher education institutions, schools and government agencies.
- Responding to enquiries and maintaining contact with students via email, phone, Skype, etc.
- Converting enquiries Into applications and subsequent registered students
- Conducting follow up with University staff to ensure timely updates and offers for students
- Working directly with relevant University staff to meet institutional targets
- Maintaining the student database for follow up activity with students
- A graduate degree with minimum second class lower division
- Customer service and/or marketing experience
- Show initiative and possess the ability to generate and Implement new ideas with proactive approaches to student recruitment and partnership building
- Understanding of business culture in West Africa
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills, and attention to detail.
- Must have 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation (written and oral) skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel within West Africa region and UK when required
- Self-motivated, target driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV’s and covering letter detailing how you fulfill our criteria and why you are best suited for this job to [email protected]