Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities and experiences more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 300+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Policy Senior Associate, West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About this Role
- We are looking for someone work on our Government Affairs & Policy team in West Africa, based in Lagos. You will report directly to our Public Policy Lead for the Middle East & Africa. This role will involve:
- Supporting Uber’s Government Affairs & Policy team in West Africa;
- Establishing Uber’s brand and profile with policy makers – including governments, third parties and academics; and
- Working to ensure that the regulatory framework in every country supports ridesharing apps like Uber.
What We’re Looking For
To succeed you’ll need to be:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done-and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally you would have 5+ years in government affairs, but we’re open to people in other walks of life (e.g. the law, media, consultancy) that intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, is essential.
- A great advocate: We’re looking to create new regulatory frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You’ll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone – both orally and in writing.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. So you’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do-and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply