Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities and experiences more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 300+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Senior Associate, West Africa
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About this Role
- We are looking for someone to work on our communications team in West Africa, based in Lagos. This role, will involve:
- Supporting Uber communications in West Africa;
- Establishing Uber’s brand and profile with the media and third parties; and
- Working to tell our story – and the story of ridesharing – in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media.
What We’re Looking For
To succeed you’ll need to be:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done – and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Ideally you would have 5+ years communications experience. But we’re open to people with experience in other walks of life (e.g. marketing, journalism, the law), who intuitively get this stuff and are interested in pursuing a different career.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, is essential.
- A great advocate: We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories – about our product, people and the ways we’re helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means you’ll have a bias for action in everything you do – and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply